Tuesday 7 January 2014

First project of the year

I've finished my first project this year :-)
It's a black kurti/tunic with white embroidery.I wanted a very simple pattern and happy with the result.The fabric was little slippery so I had to spend some extra time for the garment construction/sewing part.
                                           


The fabric is Italian crepe and the embroidery is done with Anchor stranded cotton thread.

We had a very misty morning today.A view from my balcony at noon while I was happily doodling/sketching a new pattern….

                                       
                                        
                                        

Happy stitching!
Anita

16 comments:

deanna7trees said...

like a beautiful necklace.

margaret said...

lovely design,

letslearnembroidery said...

It's simple but beautiful.Looks more like a necklace to me.

pipsqueek13 said...

Beautiful, you are so tallented

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Muito bonito! Seus trabalhos são sempre especiais.
Um abraço!

Very cute! His works are always special.
Hugs!
Egléa

Séverine said...

Your necklace is beautiful.

RajiSaj said...

Awesome...

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful. looks like a necklace. Is it round kutch work?

Anita said...

Thanks Margaret,Deanna,Ina,Raji,Shami,
pipsqueek13,Egléa and Séverine.
@Shami - No,it's not kutchwork.

l'alternativa said...

Complimenti Anita, il tuo primo lavoro dell'anno è bellissimo. Anche casa mia da un pò di giorni è circondata dalla nebbia. Un abbraccio
Emi

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Beautiful stitching and design and the white on black looks stunning.

Cyndi Who? said...

Beautiful work! Did you sew the Kurti yourself? I'm looking for an easy Kurti Tunic pattern. Would live to make one myself!
I'm very inspired by all your lovely work!

Anita said...

@ Cyndi - Thanks Cyndi.Yes,I do sew all my dresses.

Leelagovind said...

awesome necklace!!!pls disclose the name of the wonderful stitch :)i never seen this stitch before.so lovely work!

Little Thoughtful said...

Hi Anita, U are so talented. I'm reading your blog from the past 4 hours and with each post I start loving it more :) I love hand embroidery but i'm just a novice. I wanted to ask you that did you sew kurti before doing embroidery. Isn't it difficult to adjust embroidery hoop while doing embroidery on the neckline.

Anita said...

@ Little thoughtful - Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and your kind words. To answer your question - no, I do the embroidery first and sew it later. So there are absolutely no difficulties with frame adjustments, got to be a little careful while we put the frame over the stitches made already.Hope this helps.